Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sara Lamb workshop for the Ventura County Handweavers and Spinners guild




If you ever have a chance to take a workshop from Sara Lamb you must do it! She is wonderful! I am so inspired by her work and I loved seeing it in person. Nothing can ever replace seeing and touching textiles but I'll share some pictures I took.

Basically I'm a fabric weaver, not a rug weaver and I don't think I will ever take it up as my main vocation, but that doesn't mean I don't love it. I do want to make a few of these beautiful bags, and maybe a spindle bag too. The instructions for this are all in Sara's book, Woven Treasures from Interweave Press. It's a very good book but I don't think I would have ever done more that looked at the book if I hadn't taken the workshop.

A few of her bags were made with hand dyed, handspun silk, if my memory serves me correctly the one with the goldfish is one of those.

No comments: