Saturday, March 13, 2010

Everyone is busy right?


So I don't really have any excuse for not blogging, though sometimes I feel like I don't have anything really important enough to say...or the right words to say something that is too big...
This is part of what happened in February!



I did NOT finish the KAL on the entrelac shawl but I have made much more progress since taking these photos of it...I like it very much. The only regret I have is that after seeing the color way that I didn't use that yarn to make Robert a sweater. He liked it so much that he stopped walking through the living room to admire it and ask if it was going to be a sweater for him. It is hard to find yarns that have a lot of colors and also don't look too feminine for him and this one seems to be perfect. I actually considered ripping it out and making him a sweater instead, but I'm overly attached to all the time I've spent working on it.
Also, can I just say that I am a firm believer in knitting backwards! It is so very handy when making small squares and triangles. When I used to teach an entrelac class at Anacapa Fine Yarns I would always start it by making people cast on 8 stitches and knit a row and then knit a row backwards just so they would see how easy and useful a technique it is. I plan to post an instructional video of the technique one of these days...really I do...

My friend Kris and I went to a natural dye day down in Pasadena. It was great and I now feel very empowered to do some natural dyeing on my own. Tomorrow I'm hosting a craft day and we are going to have an indigo dye pot for people to try out. I'm excited and a little nervous but I will report back on our success I'm sure!


The blues pictured here were made with Indigo, the reds were cochineal & brazilwood, the yellows were Masala.

I made Riley a Betsy Ross costume for the school living history event. She did a great job of saying all her lines very clearly and insisted on having a yellow mob cap although I believe they correct color should have been white.

Heidi & I danced at Dar Maghreb! We had a super fun time, plenty of friends came, Julie, our husbands, Jillian and Christian, and some dance students too, and there are hardly any clear pictures documenting the event! Where are our photographer friends when we need them?


No comments: