Monday, September 1, 2008

While I was sleeping...




something new happened in the fiber world...I had just gone into my other life as a belly dancer full tilt about 3 years ago. I left working at the yarn store, and stopped attending meetings at my spinning guild. Not really on purpose but because I was just too busy with dance. Tribal had taken off and had swept me up in the storm!
While I was sleeping people started making some amazing new art with spinning! Chunky, textural, deliciously studded with beads and treats type yarns have come into being! I'm amazed and want to play now! I made myself some pirate yarn with red & black wool, shredded bits waste fabric from my serger from black & white pirate prints, red lace, all plied with some shinny red thread. Here's a picture, my photography skills don't do it justice though...

No comments: