Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gem


 Gem is the name of my newest pet!  Yes...he is a goat!  An angora goat to be specific.  He was named Gem because he is a gem just an incredibly sweet old boy.  His previous owner passed away and her partner didn't have a clue what to do with him, so he sent out a message to our guild for an adoptive parent.  In Gem's case he has co-parents, me & Deb.  Deb is the owner of the other 4 goats in the picture and she has a nice little ranch where Gem lives!  Deb's other goats are 2 pygoras, & 2 angoras.
I love this shot of Gem, I like to think he is smiling at me!  Or he is growling...but I don't think so!


 Gem is 8 years old and he is a whether (aka fixed).  The other goats are babies,  all under 18 months.  While I was out visiting Deb and her lovely family and ranch a package came with bumps of the pygora's first shearing!  Amazing fiber!!  I wanted to spin it!!  She'd better sell me some!  Tee hee!
All these guys have the cutest little faces.  And they are a happy little herd.  When I get a big property I will get some goats to live there too, and some sheep, and I also want milking goats.  But for now I have to live my ranch dreams vicariously through Deb!  

 Deb purchased this blue eyed Angora from Namaste Farms.
Here are some more pictures of our weekend with the Meadows family!
 Deb's husband with his new horse and Great Danes.
 Peyton gets a chance on the new horse!

 And even my city boy Robert gets to take a ride!
 English game hens, I want to get some of these.
 Cisco the new horse.
I'm teaching Deb to weave in exchange for Gem's room and board.  For me its a good trade!  


No comments: