Friday, August 31, 2012

Spin Off Magazine Fall 2012 and My Secret

Well it's not a secret any more.  I submitted an article to Spin Off magazine and they accepted it!  I was very secretive about it because I didn't want to jinx anything until I knew it was definitely in print.  Now I know it is available I'm comfortable telling you about it!  
The article gives the instructions for making my coiled yarn scarves I've also been careful not to put any pictures of them on my blog or anywhere online so unless you've seen me in person you may not have seen them yet.  
When I submitted this idea I also submitted a proposal to Jane Austen Knits for my beaded bags which was rejected.  I was sad about that but only for two or three seconds when I saw that the Coiled Scarves article was accepted!  I have to say it was great working with Spin Off, they were very helpful to me  with writing this article, something I have never really done before!  And I have lots more ideas that I will submit in the future.  Also I discovered that I wouldn't die of the pain of rejection, so I'm ok with that!  If you have ideas for patterns or articles I encourage you to try!  It's fun!  

 You can learn to make coiled yarn by watching Jacey Bogg's dvd Sit and Spin 
http://www.insubordiknit.com/video
or take one of her workshops or read her book!
 If you'd like to buy a scarf I do sell them and will be posting new ones in my Etsy shop soon.  OR if you want to make one using the instructions from the article and you don't spin or spin coils you can purchase coiled and other specialty yarns from me also in my Etsy shop.

So everyone run out and buy the Fall issue of Spin Off!  Or order it online http://www.interweavestore.com/Spinning/Magazines/Spin-Off-Fall-2012.html
 Because it is cool and there are so many great articles to read there.
Also just so you know I am going to be putting some free patterns on my blog in the coming weeks.  So keep an eye out for those!


4 comments:

cyndy said...

Congratulations!!

I am looking forward to reading your article!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Cyndy! I hope you enjoy it : )

Jen said...

Congratulations on your publication! Those scarves look really neat.

Yarndancer said...

Ooh that's exciting! Well done on getting your article published! The scarves are great :)