Friday, September 14, 2012

My life right now

I wasn't actually planning to blog about this but it seems that I actually need to do it.  A few months ago when I had surgery to remove my thyroid it was discovered that I had non Hodgekins Lymphoma.  I was so lucky that this was discovered fairly early in the game as well as the fact that this is one of the easiest cancers to cure.  The treatment is really pretty minimal.  Normally I would only choose natural treatments, but since I have been assured that chemotherapy and radiation are very effective for this particular fast growing cancer I have chosen that option.  I am UNBELIEVABLY grateful to my husband, family and friends, they have been beyond helpful and supportive.  Also I have the good fortune to have excellent health insurance...there are some costs but they are small compared to all the work that is happening.

The reason I'm blogging about this now is because I haven't been able to keep up with my blog and Etsy shop as well as I'd like to.  There are so many days I stare at my computer and I just can't write anything even though my brain is swimming with thoughts and ideas.  And forget about trying to hold two dance troupes together!   Currently my troupe mate and friend Tonantzin is teaching my classes at the AHCCC and my daughter Jillian is teaching the home class.

The reality is that I'm just a lot more tired then I would have imagined.  I am positive and know that I will be well again.  For now my focus is my health in the meantime I'm going to keep to posting and sharing but probably not as consistently as I would like!  So I'm here just not super reliable.




1 comment:

Yarndancer said...

Big hugs to you Elizabeth! I hope you can get over this illness quickly. Thank goodness it seems they found it early. Will be thinking of you. Lots of love and well wishes xx