Monday, August 15, 2011

Last week

In my next life I hope to live in Santa Barbara, or this one if I get really super lucky.

Since last monday was my birthday and because I am pure LEO we had lots of celebrating (we believe in good parties)...I figure it's one of the perks of getting older! On Sunday we took a lovely day trip to Santa Barbara...

...which included a stop at Loop & Leaf a yarn & tea shop. If you are in Santa Barbara you must visit this place it is very charming and friendly Loop & Leaf - fine yarn and tea I got some Habu textiles yarns for a tunic and Frog tree Alpaca for a pair of fingerless gloves. Yeah I know I don't need any more yarn...but it was my birthday!

Afterwards in true Souza style we arrived at the Botanical Gardens too late to make a stroll through it worthwhile so we altered the plan and went to the park where they have turtles, ducks & the most amazing play structure in the world...really.
We enjoyed a little snack & some lovely grappa for the grown ups and juice squeeze for the kid.
After this we went to Sojourner for dinner, a wonderful place with lots of vegetarian & organics eats & drinks. But first my husband was eaten by a shark.
Since we missed the Botanical Garden on Sunday Jillian, Riley & I went there during the week instead. It is beautiful see...



Riley found some fairy houses! And there must be a 4 leafed clover in here somewhere...
A secret spiral
It's strong Jillian!
Public service announcement!! The above plant is Poison Oak! Don't touch it if you don't like to get all itchy and puffed up for days and days.
And since a post by me is not complete without fiber & bellydance I have to tell you that at the Bellydancers Knitting group the girls threw a little party for me see...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spectacular way to celebrate a special day. Well deserve. Happy belated B-Day, Elizabeth! I will definite check out the Botanical Garden when I visit SB.

And I love Habu Textile :D