Friday, August 19, 2011

Catch up quick!

I suppose everyone goes through these times where they just have to catch up on all their unfinished projects. After all life is just that way isn't it? You get inspired, you start something, you have to cook dinner, or tend to someone's tea or band aids and then you forget what you were doing and start doing something else. Well my life is like that anyway. I also get distracted as a spinner by all these small amounts of special fibers people sell. Usually I think in big terms like spinning for a sweater or a blanket, but a few years ago everyone and her sister got a drum carder and started selling these tempting textural bits of fluff known as batts. So naturally I started stock piling those, and since they are in small amounts you never have enough to really do a project! Ha on me! Anyway it all just adds to my problem of the short attention span I have.

So right now I'm on a self imposed time out from buying stuff until I do something with a good portion of the stuff I already have. Laugh it's ok I'm laughing...I just have to try to control this every once in a while.

During TDF (Tour de Fleece- a thing people do on Ravelry where you spin spinning wheels instead of bicycle wheels during the Tour de France) I had set a goal for myself to finish the purple Polworth that I bought at SOAR 2 years ago that is destined to become a knitted dress. Well I did it! Not during TDF but at least soon afterwards! yay! See?
I should count the yardage...there is a lot and it's sport weight and also very soft. I was inspired by a dress I saw Sara Swett had at SOAR. She is very inspiring to me.

I'm also emptying bobbins because that is sure sign of unfinished projects...this turquoise one is almost empty...
Part of it went into a silly textural yarn & a beaded yarn...now I'm spinning up some white mohair to ply with the remainder. It will all go into some scarves that I'll take to the art gallery for sale.
I did a small skein of some tail spun yarn in pink...it was just therapy really no larger goals.And also emptied a purple bobbing by plying with some simple white wool.
And Riley and I are dyeing wool to make our own batts.

While the world's naughtiest cattin (that is a kitten too small yet to be called a cat)-Mittens- makes trouble while we work.



No comments: