Saturday, June 6, 2009

The garden of dance, flowers, food and yarn









It may seem like I'm not dancing much right now and publicly I'm not. I'm working hard on creating new material & choreography and my students and troupe mates are seeing bit by bit. I think I really needed a break to feel like there was more to life than belly dance. The last few months have been some of the hardest in my life, from nursing my mother, and simultaneously producing, choreographing, & performing in a show to teaching my classes and performing the last official gigs with She'enedra...there I said it the last official gigs (no gasps please) it's not a big deal we are all just ready for new things we had an amazing 5 year run or was it 6? Then there were my lovely guests from Scotland, the May Day party, Tribal Fest at which we danced the preparty, the festival & the Saturday night afterparty.

It's time to breathe! Last Sunday I sat at my spinning wheel for hours and finished off some lovely yarns and started new ones! I've dyed more wool and am going to ply it with this bobbin you see here...


I've had some time to cry and be alone, heard doors shut quietly in my house when I was alone and smelled my mother's perfume. Is she here? I think sometimes....I'm mourning and rejoicing in life at the same time. It's all ok. I've worked in my garden a lot too and am announcing show and tell!

No comments: