Thursday, June 11, 2009

Detoxing physically and emotionally


All I can say is thank Goddess for my husband! Although I know he often seems very silly he just sometimes has a way of going to the heart of things and saying the right thing. But really he more often goes off on completely unhelpful tangents.

This morning I was obsessing about how class attendance is down and how I'm having a hard time deciding what to do about it. I don't really feel that it's possible to keep up at the rate I'm going w/ so few students.

And here's what Rob said "so if you need to downsize for a while that's ok, you have to remember that the benefits of what you do are more than financial. They sustain a community. Remember what you're always telling me focus on the positive, focus on the process not so much on the end product" He's right xoxoxo

Anyway so I am trying to remember to emotionally detox while I'm doing my physical detox...no negativity here! : ) smile smile smile! When you have lost your smile you can find it in the...(fill in the blank) faces of the one's I love (my answer)!

On that note I AM trying to think of things I CAN eat instead of the things I can't!

here is the muffin recipe I came up with this morning:

All of the ingredients are organic and NO GMO corn!

Corn muffins
preheat oven 350*
in smallish mixing bowl put:
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup spelt flour
2 tsps baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
mix together

into a 2 cup measure put:
1 egg (this is my only cheat! you could use egg replacer) beat lightly
add soy milk up to 1 cup liquid in the measure
add 1/2 cup canola oil
and 1/2 cup agave sweetener
mix together and then pour into the dry ingredients
mix quickly

pour into 12 muffin cups (I use papers in them for easy clean up)

bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned on top and dry through check w/ a clean knife or fork!

yum!!!

1 comment:

Yarndancer said...

Very insightful comments from Rob! Those muffins look tasty!!