Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mermaid yarn




I haven't been posting much and it's sad all through Halloween and the cute pictures I could have had! : ( It is all because I broke my camera! That is usually what happens when it gets flung across the driveway (accident). Really I should try it on my cell phone because I really need a new one!

Anyway Robert bought me a new camera yesterday and I am working on this turquiose yarn which was inspired by another spinner from Ravelry, Indigonightowl. She has some incredible yarns and I was drawn to one called Africa yarn here is a link to it...
http://www.ravelry.com/people/indigonightowl/stash/africa-yarn

The yarn consists of a thick & thin wool that is plied with linen thread that has been strung with beads.

So with that as my jumping point I am working on my Mermaid yarn. The wool is from Louet unfortunately I didn't have my camera so I didn't snap a picture of it in it's pre spun roving form, but here it is spun up and patiently waiting on bobbins...

In the basket you can see the silk hankies that I had dyed up a few years ago and have been hiding in my stash. Instead of the commercial linen I'm spinning up the silk hankies. I am trying to use as many materials that are already living in my stash of goodies in the interest of thriftiness and to justify my hoarding tendencies.

here are some pictures snapped by Robert of me doing the spinning...


No comments: