Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Labyrinth of Jareth-Costume fun

Every year I look forward to the Labyrinth of Jareth costume ball that is put on in Los Angeles.  I was lucky to have my surgery scheduled after the ball because I bought these tickets months ago.  And in the last few weeks my husband was offered an opportunity to play his music at a show in Westlake the very same night!  I suppose a dutiful wife would have gone to his show but I guess I'm not dutiful.  Instead I bought 2 more tickets and brought my daughters and daughter in law and we made it a ladies night.

There was much tying and tightening of corsets of course....



This year I dressed as a Unicorn!  And since it was also the first night of the Tour de Fleece on Ravelry, I had to do some spinning for "Spinning in the most unusual place" challenge.  I think anyone who spun on a beer bottle at a masquerade ball should have won, but I guess they choose the winner randomly and not by actual unusualness!


 Luckily we have a lot of costumes in our house.  Jade found the parts to make her "Fox" costume and then had Jared (my son) make her a paper mache mask.  Jillian wanted to be a dragon...she made her headpiece.


 Jasmin is a really good seamstress and made herself into a mermaid with all kinds of shells as details.

 I found my friend Adam the Juggler there.





We found the Junk lady from Labyrinth


 And we saw an aerialist by the full moon.
 Every year I see Sean and his friends in their interesting costumes which he designs and makes.
 Well if you saw Spirited away you get this one right?  And of course it's perfect...Jillian the dragon and the spirit...
One day...maybe next year, I will make myself a copy of Sarah's dress (played by Jennifer Connelly) from the movie.  I also love the headpiece she wore, it was so delicate.  This would also require me wearing a fall, I think I can manage that!

1 comment:

captainhook said...

Wow--fantastic costumes! You all look great. And I would surely have voted for you to win the spinning challenge!