Sunday, October 10, 2010

What we did on the Hottest day ever recorded in downtown L.A.

We had to bring our bunnies indoors naturally! On September 27th the temperatures in downtown L.A. reached a record high of 113F (or 45C depending on your preferred language), up here in the Santa Monica Mountains on my car's thermometer read 114F.

Riley & Puffy----------------------------------------->

I knew it was hot when I left my home to go to yoga class at 9:30am but when I got out I was shocked at how hot it was becoming! I rushed home to save my rabbits! I mean could you imagine wearing an angora sweater in that kind of heat? They were limp when I got there...I brought Puffy in and he crawled under the coffee table and panted and then brought Midnight in and she crawled under my loom to do the same. I set them up with some ice bottles and water in a big hutch in the kitchen. I was afraid they would die...we had already lost another bunny earlier in the summer, Snowflake and I didn't want to repeat that. Here are some pictures after they recovered.



I had to sneak in a picture of the overshot I'm weaving...don't ask what it's going to be. I don't know yet!














This is Midnight after she felt better and was able to hop around under the loom happily.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Phew...poor Puffy and Midnight. I'll bet they were glad to see you home! I am in awe of your weaving talent. It's gonna be a stunner when it's off the loom. I can't wait to see it modeled on you possibly in one of your talented dances.

The day here in High Desert has been very lovely. I got to go for a short stroll and wish the rest of autumn days will be like today :D