Thursday, October 21, 2010

Love Your Body Day for Bellydancers








A few months ago I agreed to dance at this event
called Love Your Body Day for Bellydancers. I truly love the girls in my troupe, but they are picture perfect type girls-except me. And you know I realize I'm not what you would call fat by any measure, but I am a woman getting older, gaining weight, getting grey hair & wrinkles. I felt a strong need to dance at something where I would be able to publicly "love my body." I needed it as a remedy for all the negative thoughts I throw at my body and myself!
I just want to love who I am now and be happy and
healthy. It's a funny thing cause I don't feel any dislike or distaste for anyone else who is not our society's idea of perfect but I'm so critical of myself. Anyway, I agreed to dance a solo...it was really fun! I loved it. Here are some pictures...I
wish I had video cause I felt really good about my performance,
but Robert couldn't come along.














Then later that evening Robert & I went to a Halloween party put on by our friends of Port of the Black Sail. We dressed as Morticia and Gomez Addams...Robert was SO awesome! For my performance I started out dancing a solo...Morticia style and then he joined me to dance a tango when I inadvertently spoke French!! The song was so great too, the Masocism Tango!

No comments: