Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sorry I haven't posted in a while!

But here are some pictures of what I've been doing instead of posting blogs....


Spinning my little fingers to the bone! This is some wool I bought while at SOAR I'm going to make a little bolero with it.
This is some delicious camel/merino blend I also bought at SOAR...I think it came out rather well! But I have no idea what to make it into...any suggestions?


And more wool I bought at SOAR that I Navajo plied (3 strands of singles).



And I ordered Jacey Bogg's dvd on spinning art yarns and am now busily learning new techniques. This is my first attempt at making corespun yarn.





And here is my first attempt at making coils...



In order to show off the yarn-I didn't want to knit it or weave it (even if I wanted to it wouldn't fit through the heddles & dents on my loom)-I laid out the yarn on stabilizer and then sewed it on my sewing machine then put it into super hot water to dissolve the stabilizer and voila! A scarf! This scarf is so soft and I just love it so much that I keep wearing it everywhere and believe me I'm running out of clothes that match the orange!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! You sure did a lot of spinning and it turned out beautifully.

I heard, but I can't swear on it, that if it's hand knit it doesn't have to match everything. So wear your pretty, soft orange scarf with whatever!

Yarndancer said...

Pretty yarn!! And I love the scarf, so lovely and shows off the yarn so well!

I just got myself a drop spindle, so your pics are really inspiring me!!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks ladies! Amanda you will love spinning. Have you seen Abby Frankemont's book Respect the Spindle? It's really great you should get it if you are going to start spindling!