Friday, September 25, 2009

round #2-Pirate faire



I love the idea of going, but weekend #2 is here and I have to go camping for 3 days! I am not packed. I understand that for the general public 2 weekends of a faire is preferable, but for me who has to work 3 shows a day in 90* heat...well let's just say it's a different story! I would like nothing better than to stay home and putter around the garden and bake a pizza.

Oh yes you heard me complaining! haha! my bad...bad bad bad!



Let me make it up to you with chocolate muffins...chocolate chocolate chip muffins in fact! They are NOT on anyone's diet, they have sugar, butter, & taste like brownies only you can carry them around in your hand...you could even eat one while riding your bicycle...which I think I may do in a few minutes.


see! Jillian approves this recipe!

I made these up while I was in the kitchen so I'm trying to remember the recipe now....
preheat oven 350*
line muffin tins w/ papers or grease them w/ your choice of stuff (I would choose butter).
makes 12 muffins

2 cups of unbleached flour (or you can use organic whole wheat pastry flour too)
3/4 cup sugar (I use the brownish kind you get from the health food store)
3/4 cup Dutch cocoa powder, I use Droste natuurlijk!
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
mix dry ingredients with a whisk breaking up any clumps of concentrated powder

in separate bowl
6 tablespoons melted sweet cream butter
about 1 1/2 cups milk (start w/ 1 and add more if the batter is too thick)
1 egg
beat the egg into the other liquids

add the wet ingredients to the dry at this point add more liquid if necessary, you know what muffin batter should look like right? Thicker than cake or pancakes, wetter than cookies.
Use an easy hand to mix
Dump in about 3/4 of a bag of organic dark chocolate chips and mix some more.

fill muffin tins
check at 20 minutes, they may need a few more minutes

You can also spread these with a little cream cheese that has been mixed with powdered sugar & half and half.

No comments: