Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The balance of life


Lately I have been writing more about my non dance life, but that doesn't mean I'm not dancing or doing many dance things...part of the reason I've been doing this is because I got a new computer for my birthday from Robert and I have not moved all my pictures and information over to the new machine yet!

A few of the things I've done over the last two months are...

Danced at the Richard Lowe's showcase Kalidescope at the Oasis Dance studio w/ my beautiful daughter Jillian...
these pictures are by Richard Lowe of course! To see more of his work check out his website www.renaissancefaire.net



I took Frederique's workshop and danced in the Oasis Super Saturdays showcase afterwards, but I don't have any pictures of that unfortunately... : (

On my birthday August 8 I danced in the Vegas Hafla that Weathervane puts on with Jillian, and Heidi. There are some really pretty pictures that Lee, Jon, and Richard took, but all but one are on my other computer. Keeping with the Las Vegas theme we did a piece with fan veils from Cirque du Soleil, it turned out really pretty! And then we did a DJ Shadow piece which was really fun and more our usual style. I'll dig it up on youtube and make a link if possible.


The HIGHLIGHT of August was that I took the Teacher Training from Fat Chance also at the Oasis in Highland...I learned how much I still need to learn. I am giving myself time to continue my studies and interest in ATS, hopefully I'll have some time to go up to San Francisco and study there on a regular basis. And although I won't discontinue doing my ITS and fusion dancing, I know I really want to put a lot more energy into the practice of ATS and would like to develop a Fat Chance sister studio. I am all at once proud, humbled and inspired!


I also have been going to shows, and watching other performers more than usual...I went to Christina & Donavon's hafla at Studio Iqaat. AND another highlight was Jillina's show Bellydance Evolution, with Jillna, Ansuya, Elizabeth Strong, Sa'Ellayssa which was amazing.

And of course I'm teaching my classes, we've been working hard to prepare for Pirate Faire and our recital which will be at Studio Iqaat on October 10th!

No comments: