Monday, September 7, 2009

labor day is lovely!







The unbelievable heat and dryness we experienced in Southern California last week appears to have given way to total perfection! I'm sitting on my backyard deck watching Robert assemble my bicycle trailer (part of my grand plan towards world domination through, yarn, bellydance, & bicycle riding) and enjoying the breeze and sounds of hummingbirds chirping. Of course part of my grand plan is also to move away from L.A. to an area where I can ride my bike to do what I need to do, have my garden, chickens, dogs (yes even Tasha), have lots of fiber and bellydance friends, and Robert can own a pub (that's my plan for him not his) and illustrate children's books. Isn't that a good idea?


Anyway, in the heat...lucky thing for public pools and the Pacific Ocean! After her first day of kindergarten Jillian and I whisked Riley away to Sycamore Canyon, my favorite beach. We saw dolphins and a seal was body surfing.

Pictured here along w/ our afternoon at the beach are my backyard fairy hut & the avacado tree which I grew from the pit of an avacado I bought at the market.

No comments: