Sunday, July 26, 2009

weekend stories and this week's expectations

Friday-had the meeting regarding next year's show from Sacred Circles Productions...NO it will not be called Mythical Creatures again! That was last year's show by Sacred Circles Productions aka, Ayse, Khani & Elizabeth! I shouldn't say anything even about the big name dancers I already know we will have because the ink is not yet on the paper! But the show is going to be so interesting and yes last year was interesting but this will be even better.
Bought the new couch! yay! We really need it! I know Friday is a repeat!
http://www.sacredcirclesproductions.com/



Saturday-left the house super early to go to meet Khani on my way to take a workshop from Frederique David at Oasis Dance Studio. Fred is so awesome, she is nice and warm and talented. Her dance style is subtle and confident, it's really an art! In the class we did some very basic layering drills that I cannot wait to adapt into my classes! These should really get the class going on layering movements.
http://www.bellygroove.com/

After the workshop both Khani & I danced in the evening show, which Politti the owner of Oasis Dance Studio calls Super Saturdays. I wish I had pictures! But Khani did a video of me dancing that I may be able to post or link to later...
http://www.oasisdancestudio.net/




Sunday- got up early again and started right in on sewing some more Not Pants, and kNot Tops and some tie in the front tops in black lace fabric to sell on Etsy. AND I actually finished sewing by 10 am!! That was fun! Afterwards we went to see Cats at the Civic Arts Plaza and the funniest thing happened! We got our picture taken with other families from Riley's school that had been gifted tickets to the show, and Riley was so funny she raised her hand and asked the president of the theater "Are the cats real?" The woman just loved her and brought her inside to get her face painted as a cat, took her backstage to meet the cast and after the lady made her announcements she had Riley walk across the stage and asked her what she had to say at which point Riley said "MEOW!" Then she and Jasmin got to sit in the orchestra section! It was really funny and cute! She's certainly not afraid of getting up on a BIG stage at all! I think we'll be enrolling her in musical theater soon!





Now I am somewhat bored! Robert has been at the comicon ALL weekend!! I want him to come home! Oh well, I just talked to him and he says we are going to be flown to Malaysia so he can be on a panel about the making of War of the Worlds, so I guess it's worth a little suffering and loneliness (I'm a drama queen). Also, Jared (my son) got hired to draw for a comic book company and Nickelodeon asked him to submit storyboard tests! He ought to know how to do that since he spent most of his childhood sitting next to his dad drawing storyboards w/ him. yay!!

To top all this goodness off, tomorrow I'm getting Lazik done on my eyes! I am not afraid at all, I have worn glasses and contacts since I was 12 years old and I will be free! I hope at least mostly. The doctor seems really confident that I will have good results and so am I.

So I feel like a really lucky duck right now!

No comments: