Thursday, December 20, 2007

Poppy Seed Cake


The best thing about Elizabethland is that there is always something good cooking (ok sometimes I experiment and it's not so good) or a project to do, some music playing, a dance to work on or a party goin' on...

So here is one of my favorite cake recipes...you will need to go to dance class after this one cause it's very fattening! I always prefer to use organic and high quality ingredients, which make all the difference in this tasty treat!

preheat oven to 350*, butter & flour an 8 x 8 cake pan

Soak 1/4 cup poppy seeds in a bowl with 1 cup of milk or soy milk for about an hour.

Mix in a separate bowl and set aside
2 cups flour, I use a combination of unbleached white & whole wheat
1/4 cup non instant dried milk powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 tsp baking powder

Add the following to the milk & poppy seeds
2 eggs
3/4 cup oil (or melted butter, plugra is best)
1 1/2 cups of sugar, I use the organic kind it's browish
1/2 tsp vanilla
and whisk this all up.

Add the dry ingredients & mix somewhat gently till it's all nice & wet.

pour into cake pan & bake for 45 minutes.

next Rebaked potatos aka that recipe that I was told "if you ever change this I will cut your fingers off" Ok!!! I will never change it! hehe

No comments: