Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm always spinning

Even when I'm so overwhelmed with everything else in life I keep spinning. Sometimes I feel like Dorrie from Finding Nemo only my song is "Just keep spinning spinning spinning." Here are a few samples of what I've done in the last 2 months while NOT blogging!

There is more I haven't photographed, and I seem to be enamored of singles all of a sudden! What is wrong with me? But to make up for it I'm doing a laceweight camel silk blend too (slow going).









4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you primarily a spinner who uses a wheel or a drop spindle? I definitely can relate to the "always spinning" notion. There's always 1-3 spinning bags in my car, at my desk, etc. I'm a drop-spindle addict, so it's easy to keep projects nearby. :)

Elizabeth said...

I use both but I would say I get more done on my wheels. I walk most days with my drop spindle picking up the little rascal from school, so I don't get nearly as much done that way.
Agreed! It is nice to keep spindles stashed & ready to go.

Sarah said...

Such gorgeous batch of spinning. There is absolutely nothing wrong with spinning singles as Judith McKenzie told me a couple of years ago. In fact, she spun up a ton of beautiful silky singles as Christmas gifts to her friends and loyal customers :D Of course, I wish to be included in that "friends and loyal customers" circle :D Happy spinning. I pulled out my John Westlake last week and so enjoy the zen-spin too

Elizabeth said...

Sarah what is a John Westlake? A wheel I don't know about? I'm happy you are enjoying the Zen spinning too!