Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tandava @ Tribal Fusion Faire 2010

This is Tandava, it is a troupe of my dance students. We all used to be part of the Sisterhood dance collective and I was the west side teacher for SDC at the time. But then blah blah blah things changed more new teachers moved to the west side (thank the goddess! I was tired of driving there). We had a troupe called Nataraja but as troupes do it became more intimate aka exclusive and I had to form a second group for the new students who were coming to my classes and that was Tandava! Then Nataraja went through it's natural progression, some of those girls quit and went off to new dance troupes and solo careers and now we have Tandava left which is fantastic!
I'm always proud of my students, they worked so hard and did extra rehearsals made all these fabulous costumes, gathered props and look at the results!
I must add that I am completely incapable of posting videos to my youtube channel! The only ones on there were posted by Donavon because he was kind enough to help me out. So I have to "favorite" all the videos I convince people to post for me...it's really ridiculous I know!

No comments: