Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!! And how I spent my December warning...tons of pictures!

Well I haven't been posting except random videos that other people have made of me/us/them! December was incredibly stressful and busy. But not bad...

On the fiber front I worked really hard to prepare a submission for Spin Off magazine for the gallery of Helix scarves... I started out with an orange silk/merino yarn I had spun to submit but when I got most of the way through knitting the scarf I realized they asked for a sample of the fiber, 5 yards of the yarn AND 5 yards of the singles if it was plied with the finished scarf...and since I had knitted the yarn earlier in the year I had used up every bit of fluff!!

So I went to plan B and started spinning up some lovely luxurious camel/silk that I bought from Red Fish Dyeworks at the guild harvest festival. The deadline for submission was December 13th and I sent my completed scarf & required yarn & fluff by overnight delivery on December 10th. This plan turned out to be successful! I received a contract for it to be included in the article in the Spring 2011 issue of Spin Off! Yay!! I'm just so excited!! Anyway their pictures will be a zillion better than mine! But here is the fluff, yarn & scarf in progress.


While all this was going on I was preparing my dance class to perform at Tribal Fusion Faire. I had been working on a choreography to a song that reminded me of an old European circus so I decided we would portray a circus! The class troupe is called Tandava by the way and I'm super proud of them. Here are some pictures from our little circus.















Our family also hosted our Annual Holiday party. We don't say this every year btw...this was the best one EVER!! We had a lot of really talented performers sing and dance for us, we had good friends, and the food wasn't too bad considering my oven died a week before the party. Luckily my really great friend Heidi lives near by and she has a beautiful LARGE oven. FYI we do have dog friends that attend the party, I take full credit for Deanna getting together w/ Jeremiah cause I told her to go out with him, I'm so happy Richard comes to our parties and takes so many pictures even though there is not one with Robert in it, our friends are all nuts and we must do this again every year forEVER!








Then we had a nice quiet Christmas I wish the whole family had been here but it was nice having what family could be here to do some baking (in the toaster ovens), and spend some joyous time together.






As I'm sure you can tell by the label at the bottom of many of the pictures they were done by my good friend Richard Lowe Jr. the ones with no labels were done by other people...all the fuzzy pictures or pictures with weird color were done by me & 8 year old Riley! LOL

2 comments:

Yarndancer said...

Looove that camel/silk, looks really beautiful! Well done on getting the scarf and yarn into the magazine! Your Christmas looks like it was lots of fun. Happy New Year, BTW :)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Amanda!