Friday, February 29, 2008

itsy bitsy bits of stuff done on etsy.com



It's slow going trying to put my items up in the etsy shop. I have yarns I want to post but I need to count how many yards are in the skeins, then take their pictures, try to figure out how much to charge for shipping etc etc....

And I'm working really hard on my felted flowers I don't know if it's visible from the photo but they are really big 7" from end to end. The white one is made from yarn that I spun and knitted and felted. The button in the center is a vintage button I found in an antique shop somewhere. They are very labor intensive...it's not like buying yarn & felt from the craft store or something, and I'm asking $75 for each flower so far. I know that seems like a lot of money but there really is that much work and care in each one, probably much more. We have such screwed up ideas of how much is ok to charge or spend on stuff. Especially in a world where we can buy so many handmade looking things at super stores for cheap. It's confusing to everyone including me sometimes.

No comments: