Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Caddy Shack




I've never seen the movie but apparently some people think I need to see it. Why? Because some one has a gopher issue, and I have gopher issues...almost every year!! I have been working hard on my vegetable garden this year and watching the little seedlings come up and also watching the signs of gophers. What do other people do about this?

This is where there used to be an artichoke plant...it's neighbor appears to be safe as I planted it inside a large pot that I dropped into the ground.

I even saw a gopher creeping along above ground one day when I came upon it unawares! I suppose I should have caught it, but I spent my time trying to get the new cat Jenny Linsky (who was supposedly quite a mouser) to come and catch it...she didn't seem interested AT all! The dog was interested but she digs gigantic holes and steps on seedlings. What am I to do?
Here are some snow peas that I also planted in a large pot above the ground safe from the gopher's notice...

Holes....
I have added Caddy Shack to my netflix list...I wonder if I will be amused.

No comments: