Thursday, August 20, 2009

what do you do all day?

A long time ago I homeschooled my children...
One day at ballet class another child asked my youngest daughter the inevitable question "what school do you go to?" Upon hearing the answer the other little girl proclaimed loftily, "what do you do all day...watch tv!" My daughter was very upset by this comment, she just wanted to make a new friend. I tried not to be upset by that attitude myself. Neither of us could imagine a day that wasn't filled with reading, gardening, knitting, playing piano, sewing, dancing so many things! There weren't enough hours in the day for all the things we wanted to do! We did own tv's and even had cable, but the tv's were rarely on!


Now my kids are adults, they've all been to college, the daughter mentioned has a BFA in Fine Arts and they live very full lives, sometimes hard, sometimes easy. And the subject here is how I now fill my days at home.

Now for show & tell!!!

I'm weaving a chinelle scarf, see how the really bright cobalt weft becomes more subdued by the navy & indigo warp?





I'm plying a hand dyed wool silk strand with a plain white blue faced leicester wool strand.





And that was only before 9:30am!! I might watch tv later if I have time! LOL

No comments: