Saturday, April 18, 2009

following blogs



Being in bed w/ the flu and a laptop I have signed up to follow a s*#tload of blogs about knitting and spinning and stuff because I'm trying to get inspired. It's been hard to do a lot of stuff craftwise recently because when my mom came home to do hospice, I cleaned out my workspace -which admittedly was a huge mess, but ya know I was accustomed to the mess and knew where to find things- and moved my things into storage. I only kept one large box of things pertaining to the Mythical Creatures show and a few baskets of yarn, my sewing machine, the big loom & the wheels. Anyway, I have this goal of sewing lots of new clothes for other people, and myself and making wonderful new "art" yarns and I was just looking at what other people are doing for inspiration. I am eager to start working again even though I still feel really sad.
I guess looking at other people's work also cheers me up a bit. Here are some yarns I saw on Ravelry and I took the pictures of them to keep inspiring me...I hope their makers don't mind or think I'm rotten for putting these pics on my blog.

Also...I will post pictures of the progress on the Coraline sweaters soon! First, I must figure out what I did w/ my camera!

1 comment:

Yarndancer said...

Those are pretty yarns! I can't wait to see what you make yourself!

When my gran passed away I found it very soothing to look at patterns on ravelry, my queue expanded by quite a bit over that period of time. There must be something about seeing creation, objects made by other people, that is very calming during difficult times :)