Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kousa Dogwood Shawl


I'm am starting the Kousa Dogwood shawl from Knitting in America from Melanie Falick the pattern is by Selma Miriam. I bought some delicious tangerine Linen Mohair blend yarn from Louet the other day in Beverly Hills after my tattoo appointment! Yes I'm getting a new tattoo too!!! A knitting tattoo! I will post a picture of that when I get it.

Anyway, I don't understand how much yarn I need for this project it says..."63/4oz/25g balls (each approx 150yd/135m) of 2 ply fingering weight qiviut from Folknits....
There is no space between the 6 & the 3/4 so I'm unclear but I think it means 6 3/4 oz balls of yarn...which thank goodness I'm only using the yarn I am because I looked up the qiviut and it costs $63 a skein I kid you NOT!! I think I will have to go back and buy 2 more skeins of the yummy tangerine though, at a much more affordable $13.00

I guess I could use qiviut sometime if I spun my own...hmmmm

Anyway, I'm excited! I've never done counterpane, it doesn't look hard, just fun!


On another fibery note, I am combing out little tufts of romney wool that that I purchased from Skyline farms, it's very very pretty, I'm planning to dye it with natural dyes.

2 comments:

Auntie Pita said...

you can get quivet?

Elizabeth said...

apparently yes for $63 a skein! I don't know if we can get it for spinning...have you tried?